CRBL

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Another Draft Come and Gone....

I want to thank James, Jason and Austin for opening up TMR to the league. I think everyone (except Scott) was comfortable and had adequate room to set up. Well done with the Skype connection to Mike, as he came through loud and clear. Thanks to everyone, for keeping things moving yesterday. 5 hours to complete the draft, especially given the lengthy dinner break, was excellent. Thanks, too, to Scott and Matt for providing their own distinct brand of dinner (and post-dinner) entertainment.

FYI, the rosters are up, but there may be some inconsistencies due to the fact some of you have not provided me with access to your rosters. I do need folks to do this, so here's how:

From the main page, click on "Manager Prefs" under the "Front Office" tab.
Halfway down the page, you'll see "Commish Settings". Please select "Yes" for both questions in that section.


Please verify that your rosters are set up OK.

I was quite surprised by yesterday's draft. I commented to Doug afterwards that I thought it was the weirdest draft in recent memory in terms of how far off I was in undervaluing some players and overvaluing others. However, I think that all teams drafted quite well. I'm curious to know a few things, opinions from all of you.

What was the steal of the draft?
What was your best pick and your worst pick?
If you could pick another team to own this year, whose would it be?


Just some fun questions to start some discussion.

I was reminded of something yesterday that I forgot to set up on the website: the weighting of the pitching categories. I could not find a way to do this and have e-mailed Sporting News for help. If they cannot do this, in fairness to those who spent a great deal on pitching, I think that we should drop an offensive category to bring things into balance. I would recommend batting average, since it's already folded into on-Base percentage. Please provide your thoughts/comments.

Lastly, free agent bidding now ends at midnight Saturday (2 hrs later). The first free agency period is now underway and all free agency bids are to be sent to crbl2006@gmail.com.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:39 AM, Blogger Austin said…

    Steal: Todd Helton @ $26 - he's a $40 player.

    My Best Pick: Peralta @ $20

    My Worst Pick: Not a single standout, but I took a good number of players as fliers - a lot of opportunity for failure there. If I had to choose one, probably keeping Vazquez for $14 - at the rate the final rounds were going, I might have secured him (or someone better) for $1.

    Another Team I'd Like To Own: The Orphan Pandas (their lineup is insane).

     
  • At 6:49 AM, Blogger Mike said…

    Biggest steal- Brian Giles at $14 or Tim Hudson at $16- both great steals.

    My best pick- tie between Jeter @ $23 and Wagner @ $22.

    My worst pick- Probably Lyle Overbay only because with the amount of money I had left at the end of the draft I should have gone a little further in the Pujols or Ortiz bidding.

    Another team I'd like to own- Doug's team- Pujols and Lee on the same team? Crazy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home